Something that keeps a single mother’s morale up is the fact when kids being raised by single parents succeed in life. Here are some of the successful music artists who was raised solely either by their mother or father.
- Mariah Carey — had little contact with her father ever since her parents’ divorced when she was three.
- Eric Clapton — he never knew his real father. He grew up knowing that his grandparents were his real parents and his mother is his sister.
- Enrique Iglesias — he was raised by his nanny, Elvira Olivarez
- Mary J. Blige — was left by her father when she was four
- Alicia Keys — grew up without a father.
- John Lennon — grew up without a father and lost his mother at the age of seventeen.
- Marilyn Monroe — also grew up without a father.
- Tulisa Contostavlos — her musician parents split up when she was nine.
- Kelly Rowland — her mother left her alcoholic father.
- Barbra Streisand — lost her father when she was two, her mother struggling to make ends meet in 1940s New York.
- Christina Aguilera — her parents split up when she was seven and she lived with her mother and sister at her grandmother’s house in Pennsylvania.
- Alicia Keys — was raised solely by her mother in the Hell’s Kitchen area of New York.
- Ashley Walters — was raised by his mother in Peckham, London.
- Madonna — lost her mother with breast cancer and her father raised them in Bay City, Michigan, on his own.
- Jarvis Cocker was raised up in Sheffield by his mother from the age of seven after his father left them and moved to Sydney, losing all contact with his son.
- Justin Bieber — her mother had him by 17, raised him as a single mother in low-income housing.
- Selena Gomez– her parents got divorced, her mother was working hard to provide a better life for her.
- Costadinos Contostavlos — Dappy’s farther died when he was a teen before he got into music
Raising up a child is a hard job, even harder when you have to do it on your own. Single parents needs a hand from their families, friends, and the community to help them live a simpler life. If you’re a single mom and needs assistance, go to http://www.helpforsinglemothersland.com/ to help you start with.